9.25.10

Ok, I finally realized why I am so damn upset! All thanks to a movie-going experience! (Easy -A is great btw!!)

No one notices me.

There I said it.

When I go out on the town with my friends, I never get approached. Ever. It's probably because when I go out I'd like to be as comfortable as possible. Good old Sambas, Jeans, and a Tee shirt. No reason to dress up if all it makes you feel is uncomfortable. I like to go out and have a good time, and having a good time does not equal me wearing a low cut shirt.

I don't understand. Apparently the dress code to go to bars is heels, tight pants (preferably some sort of spandex), and a shirt that barely covers anything at all! Where's the mystery ladies! Where is the allure? Is it that women are supposed to be sexually alluring? That we are now expected in today's society to flaunt our bodies as some sort of mating ritual?

It's frustrating is all. While all my friends, even gay ones, are being approached for a conversation, there I am holding everyone's beer for them. There I am in my Tee shirt and jeans because I am the only real person in the damn place. I just don't feel like the beautiful, confident, sexy girl I really am.

Also, my cat's new favorite napping place, is inside of a Molson Canadian 12 pack (bottles) box. It's adorable! I'll try to get a pic! :D

'Till my next rant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment