11.12.10

Honesty is the only cure for humanity.

"The Invention of Lying" was an interesting sci-fi movie. It involved a society where no one knew lies existed, and therefore only spoke exactly what was on their mind. Besides Jennifer Garner being a total babe, this movie offers an interesting perspective to lying, and what could come of it. In our society, it is common practice to lie. Various reasons involves getting things a person wants and making people feel better about something. It's also used to tell something that is not a whole truth.

I think what this world really needs is more honesty. There have been various situations in my life where honesty would have helped the entire situation. I applaud people who are honest. For example, a married woman propositioning someone other than her husband for sex. Hey, at least she's being honest with herself and the other person, too bad for her husband though. On the other hand, lies covering up the truth are extremely detrimental to people's mental health. Answering a simple question, "why didn't you ask me for my number?" All I wanted to know was the truth, not a worried look or a laugh. Just an answer. Or another example: tell people you're not into that you're not into them. When people become attached to an idea, it's hard to get that idea out of their head. Words can help alleviate that problem. Plus, the person you're leading on will feel better and will be able to find someone else. Maybe there was spark, and they can't get you out of their head. Give them that at least.


In other words.... The past few weeks, people have been lying to me. I don't like it one bit. If you're into me, let me know. If you're not, grow some balls and let me know.

Honesty is the cure for humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment